Each year, the SouthWest Association of Turners (SWAT) holds one of the largest woodturning symposiums in the world. In 2016, over 800 attendees enjoyed this outstanding event in Waco, Texas. Swat is an all-volunteer organization which allows the price to remain affordably low. The Symposium features nationally and internationally recognized turners, as well as outstanding regional turners selected from participating clubs and across the country. The 2017 Symposium will again be held at the Waco Convention Center, 100 Washington Ave, Waco, Texas. The SWAT Symposium will offer something for every level of Woodturner.
The Symposium features:
1. An Art Gallery where attendees may display up to 10 art pieces of their work (Some will be for sale).
2. The Banquet on Saturday night is highlighted with a drawing for beautiful turned art pieces.
3. A continuation of the drawing (using the same tickets) will be held at noon on Sunday. This drawing will consist of a full size lathe, three midi lathes, a large assortment of woodturning tools and accessories.
4. There will be around 55 vendors on site selling equipment and supplies at very competitive prices.
5. Lunches are provided during the three-day event for paid attendees.
6. In addition to the 54 demonstrations, five Special Interest Group sessions are planned.
7. There will be three areas to offer hands on opportunities to turn something of choice, Turn a Pen, or Sharpen a tool, good opportunity for one on one coaching form highly trained individuals.
8. Bring your Spouse, SWAT will have a full schedule of Activities for special classes designed for the non-turning Spouse.
Visit the Demonstrator pages to see a list of demonstrators that are scheduled this year.
We hope to see you in Waco!!!
Stormy Boudreaux, SWAT President 2017